The Re-Entry Program
"Working diligently to end recidivism"
Paterson, NJ 07501
Provide consistent and caring mentors to guide, support and inspire returning citizens to develop the attitude and skills necessary to help them become successful in their personal lives, as members of their community and at work.
- Enhance the dignity of participants by encouraging them to make choices that
will help them become successful.
- Provide interpersonal support from mentors and staff that will help solve
problems, gain hope and increase confidence
- Reduce the rate of recidivism
- Assist with anger management, drug and alcohol treatment, relapse
prevention, family support, vocational and educational training, job readiness,
society adjustment, life skill classes, and reintegration back into society
- Males/Females ages 18-60
- Release status with or without supervision
- Returning to one of the following counties
- Currently incarcerated with (1) year or less sentence
remaining until release. Must be willing to make a (1)
year commitment, 6 months prior to release and 6 months post release.
- No convictions on sex crimes, arson, or crimes against
- Assessed as high or medium
Mentors will provide you with:
- Referrals for clothing, food and housing
- Employment assistance/career development and job
- Recommendations for Supportive Services/Referrals
within the community
- A guide for your personal journey
- A minimum of four (4) hours meeting time per month
- Suggestions for a successful future
- Support for interpersonal relationships and ethical